Fri Sep 30, 2011

The head of the executive office of Libya’s opposition National Transitional Council (NTC) says the formation of an interim government will be postponed until all Libya is under the council’s rule.

Mahmoud Jibril told reporters on Thursday that the existing executive office would continue to function as the caretaker administration, Xinhua reported.

Last week, however, he had said the county would have a new government within the next seven to ten days.

Libya has been the scene of intense fighting between forces loyal to the fugitive former dictator Muammar Gaddafi and revolutionary fighters since mid-February.

NTC chairman Mustafa Abdel Jalil has said that at least 25,000 people had been killed and 50,000 others injured during the revolution.

He has also pledged that the fight against the remnants of the former regime would continue.

Revolutionaries are now fighting Gaddafi’s loyalists in the former dictator’s remaining strongholds — the cities of Sirte and Bani Walid in the north.

Source: PressTV.

Link: http://www.presstv.com/detail/201910.html.